Good morning, fellow morning go-ers! The sun is bright. The breeze is cool. Most importantly: the coffee is strong.
I am humbled to accept the nomination for The Mystery Blogger award! Kudos to Okoto Enigma for the creation of this particular award. Can I just say that I think it’s so neat that the blogging community has opportunities to “pay it forward” with recognition and gratitude? I am so appreciate of Sue over at “My Loud Bipolar Whispers” blog, where she bravely and authentically shares her journey, challenges, and triumphs. You can visit her here
So here are the rules of this award:
- Name the creator of the award and link their blog.
- Place the award logo or image within your blog post.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog in your post.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Answer your nominator’s questions.
- Nominate 10-20 people.
- Ask your nominees 5 original questions of your choice.
- Share 5 links to your best blog posts.
- Notify each of your nominees by commenting on their blog.
I think I can manage that 😉
Three things about myself:
- Coffee shops are my FAVE scene (surprise surprise). I’d take this over a bar (while I love my cocktails!) or restaurant any day.
- I struggle a great deal with using the word “no” (I know, I know, I’m the ONLY one 😉 ). Fostering this and feeling empowered through this is probably one of my largest goals in this season of life!
- My first interaction with my (now) husband occurred when he generously held the door open for me, and I opened the door next to him and said “no thanks, I got this”. Bold, much?!
Alright Sue, here are the answers to your questions! 🙂
- What is your favorite sport? My fave sport to play is volleyball, while my favorite sport to follow and watch is Hockey. The fast-paced nature of the sport and physical intensity it requires is incredible to me!
- What is your favorite NFL Football team and do you watch football every Sunday? Ahhhhh, sorry! I’m actually not a football fan-NHL all the way for me!!! Chicago Blackhawks is my team of choice.
- Why do you write and why did you decide to write a blog? This is an awesome question-In all honesty, writing is probably my most secret passion. Not many people who know me (even those that have known me for quite some time) are aware of the fact that I adore writing. I guess it’s always been something I did just for ME, and never felt the need to share that with anybody else. However, that wonderful hubby of mine encouraged me that I should more actively share my written voice, and I don’t regret it! Through writing, I desire to share real, raw truths that hopefully many others can relate it. It won’t always be pretty. It won’t always be smooth. But it will always be authentic. Connecting with others through the written word in this thing we call life is now more of a draw to me than I’ve ever given myself permission to feel before ❤
- What is your favorite television show? Goodness, this is a hard one! Thank you Netflix for making this question so challenging. Currently, I’m a tad bit obsessed with physical challenge shows, such as “American Ninja Warrior” and “Spartan Ultimate Team Challenge”. I’m also a sucker for decor reality TV such as “Fixer Upper” and “Flea Market Flip”. But what will you catch me binge-watching on a rainy day? “One Tree Hill”. Don’t judge.
- Besides writing, what is your favorite hobby and/or talent? MUSIC! I’m a musician by hobby and by passion. I sing as well as play flute, piccolo, some piano, and some guitar. I’m also involved in a worship band that musically leads worship through my husband and I’s church. My dad said I was singing the words before I was actually speaking the words 🙂
My 5 questions for my nominees to answer:
- What do you identify as your greatest accomplishment?
- What fear are you hoping to tackle?
- What’s your favorite type of beer/wine?
- If your personality were an animal (oh, boy), what would it be?
- What are the main passions/interests that show through in your blogs and why?
My lovely nominees are….(drum roll please…!)…….
- Beauty Beyond Bones
- Peace from Panic
- Discovering Your Happiness
- Anxiety Erica
- Life as Louise
- The Broke Girl’s Guide to Better Living
- The Anxiety Chronicles
- A Brave Mess
- Chocolate n’ Waffles
- Budding Regardless
- Getting Through Anxiety
Links to my 5 best (?) blog postings (I’m new to the blogging world, so here are 5 that I think are worth reading to learn a bit more about me and one of my themes!)
- “The First Things to Go (Ironically)”
- “I Thought I Would Feel My ‘Most Beautiful’ on My Wedding Day”
- “The Things I’m Striving to Let Go Of”
- “What Am I REALLY Craving?”
- “When Doors Close”
Happy blogging. Grateful living. Hopefully striving.